After the holidays our minds now wander to summer vacation. If you were thinking about visiting Seattle there are 5 things you should know.
1. Obey the crosswalk signal. That is the quickest way for us to tell who the tourist are. Plus, you can get ticketed. Welcome to Seattle.
2. If your driving the metroplex, don't use your horn, you'll scare the locals. Seattlites are very nice, if not a bit absent minded, drivers.
3. We don't want to hear about the weather. We know it's raining and we know you're surprised when its sunny and beautiful. This is called the emerald city and not because were grow moss.
4. If it is 'wet', umbrella's really arn't necessary unless it's raining. Drizzle is not rain.
5. Seattlites aren't 'cold' by nature. They are simply coming off their caffeine high.
Extra, when packing think about layers. The first weekend after I moved to Seattle, in April, I had 4 seasons of weather in one day. Yes, rain, snow, hail, sun and muggy.