Friday, August 26, 2011
20 things I would tell my teenage self
If only she would listen:
1. You can not please everyone, make everyone happy nor make everyone like you, DON'T even try.
2. Other people will have their own thoughts and views, you do not have to make these yours.
3. Learn to take care of yourself not only physically but emotionally.
4. You will work at jobs you hate and you will survive. Just make sure there is more to your life then your career.
5. The worst pain you feel right now will go away and even worse pain will come, Sorry that is life. But the good gets better and the pain becomes less .
6. Just because you value something doesn't mean anyone else will. Hold those things you value close.
7. Laugh, most things in life really are funny, at least to other people, or thru the window of time. So laugh now.
8. Enjoy life and dance often!
9. Find beauty everywhere and add to it.
10. Be nice. It's free and it makes you feel good.
11. You'll change and that is fine. What you want at 20 might not be what you want at 30 and when you achieve it at 35 you'll need something new
12. Play up the good and down play the bad - every women is beautiful it's if she knows it and takes care of it.
13. Work as hard on the inside as you do on the outside.
14. Walk! Don't run to the next journey. You don't want to arrive tired and you need to enjoy the scenery to grow as a person
15. Never stop growing, exploring or playing
16. Be able to be alone
17.Don't let anyone take your dignity by losing control of your emotions. You can get angry but not without thought.
18. Your are prettier than you think, but don't let that go to your head. Nothing can make you look uglier quicker than being haughty.
19. Money is only paper. You control it not the other way around. And it will NOT make you happy
20. Confidence makes any outfit - Fabulous
Extra: You're not perfect! but still pretty damn good. Go for it girl You know what's best for you so don't second guess!