Thursday, March 31, 2011

Posture Matters - My Experience

Today is one of those days. You feel like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders. To add to that, the great hair day I had suffered catastrophic failure due to weather conditions.

Looking in the mirror in the bathroom, it took until 2pm to figure out why the outfit wasn't looking correct. It's a new shirt and when I tried it on in the store it was fabulous, or I wouldn't have purchase it. But now it looks like a potato sack with a satin detail. I tried to readjust it, thought maybe the jacket I had on was causing the issue. Then it hit me, DUH Astor, It's not the shirt it's you! Now, that might not be the best thing to hear when you not in the best of moods but it actually made me laugh. DUH is right. I felt like the world was on my shoulders and my posture showed it. When I stood with good posture, a "miracle", the shirt magically transformed into this "fab" Tahari find.

Point being, I felt bad so I looked bad. By standing up with confidence and elegance everything looked 100% better. Well, not everything, my posture had no effect on the hair. Glad I have a hat to wear home.

No comments: